Every month I make a list of books I want to read in a month and then set a goal for how many I’m going to read. This is February’s offerings:
- Black Movie by Danez Smith (RHC #20) [x]
- Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur [ ]
- Sorrow of the Earth by Éric Vuillard [ ]
- We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie [ ]
- Citizen: An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine [ ]
- Church of Marvels by Leslie Parry [x]
- Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri [ ]
- The Mothers by Brit Bennett (RHC #2) [ ]
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini [ ]
- Yellow Crocus by Laila Ibrahim (RHC #10) [ ]
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller (classic) (RHC #16) [ ]
- Inheritance by Christopher Paolini (RHC #12) [ ]
- Pachinko by Min Jin Lee (BoTM) [ ]
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (BoTM) [ ]
- Lolly Willowes by Sylvia Townsend Warner (BoTM) [ ]
As you can see, I’m trying to knock out a few Book Riot Read Harder Challenge items. Danez Smith’s Black Movie is published by a micro press; The Mothers by Brit Bennett is a debut novel (by an incredible new author!); Yellow Crocus by Laila Ibrahim is set within 100 miles of my home; Catch-22 is a frequently challenged book in the United States; Inheritance is a fantasy novel. Catch-22 is also my “classic” for the month.
The final three books on the list are books I’m getting in my Book of the Month box in a few days. If you don’t know about Book of a Month, it’s a subscription box for amazing new books. Each month they offer a selection of 5 books a month where you pick one as your “book of the month” and can add a couple other books from previous or current selections. I don’t think I’ve yet managed to only order one book a month. If you’re interested, you can check them out here.
What are you reading this month? Anything I am? Want to read one with me?